[Peace-discuss] Was the election stolen?

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 12:12:59 CST 2004

Hi Mort,

No where in my post did I say that I didn't care that Bush won.  I did say
that the fraud was par for the course, but that something needed to be done,
and I pointed out Venezuela's experience with touch-screen voting machines
as a positive example of what could be done.  I also called for action to be
taken before the next election.  I didn't say that I thought that current
accusations of fraud shouldn't be investigated.  My feelings are to the
contrary.  I did say that fraud has been going on for many years, and that
the two major parties don't seem to be interested in preventing this.  It's
up to activists within the parties as well as independents to push changes
in how elections are conducted.

I'm honored that you took the time to put words in my mouth, even if they
are incorrect ones :-)  No hard feelings.

--Phil