Fwd:Re: [Peace-discuss] FW: The Bush

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Mon Nov 8 19:04:45 CST 2004

A friend writes --

I found the pictures of President Bush funny and a metaphor for my feeling  that he follows is instincts ("gut") rather that analyzing information and  responding in a humane way (human) to all people of the world.

The pictures certainly don't characterize all presidents "demonizing 'the  other'." Just one person, one who did not strongly object to a member of his  staff calling a large diverse group of teachers "terrorists."

Also, I think a person who would order the bombing of a public restaurant  because it was suspected that a president of a sovereign state was eating there,  and understanding that innocent families might be eating there at the same  time is acting in a demon like way.

Two more:
Do you object to all political cartoons that use caricatures? Did you intend to "reply" or to "reply all"?

In a message dated 11/5/2004 10:10:50 PM Central Standard Time,  kurban at parkland.edu writes:

> If we, as a group, go around hitting Bush pinita's with sticks, burning
> Bush's likenesses, and calling Bush apeish and so forth, how are we
> different the neoconservatives who use the same tactics of demonizing
> 'the other'.  Is this any different from characterizing all Arabs as
> terrorists in cartoons and movies?
> Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

***
This message contains parts that can not be recognized or delivered to your device but has been saved on your webmail account.  It will be stored there for future access until your webmail account reaches a 5 Megabyte limit at which time it will be deleted.  If you have access to a computer and wish to view the complete message please visit https://webmail.earthlink.net and enter your MailStation e-mail address and password.