[Peace-discuss] A Dystopic Strategy?

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 10:33:27 CST 2004

I think it's an interesting idea, Paul-

Some crazy "radical" friends of mine and I once
discussed taking over the tiny and vulnerable (at the
time) Mississippi Republican Party.  Now I wish we
had.

But I think it's probably only useful if it's part of
an organized campaign to impact the party, at least on
the local or state level.  Party membership by itself
only means voting Republican.

I also think the party in power - especially the White
House AND both houses of Congress - is unlikely to fly
apart at the seams any time soon.  And I'd be careful
about romantacizing McCain (who is viciously
anti-union, for one thing) and other more or less
maverick GOPers.

Just my 2c.  Others may have more helpful things to
say.

Ricky