[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] FW: Kerry won Ohio: Just count the ballots at the back ofthe bus

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Mon Nov 15 09:29:14 CST 2004

For those who are interested in finding out who really won, there are
efforts underway to challenge the results.  The Greens and Libertarian
presidental candidates are in the process of collecting the $110,000
required to pay for a recount.  They are almost at the amount needed to
pay for an Ohio recount!!!!

See my previous post:

> The Cobb and Badnarik campaigns are in the process
> of raising the
> required fee, estimated at $110,000, for filing for
> a complete
> recount.  The campaigns are accepting contributions
> through their
> websites.  The Cobb-LaMarche website is
> http://www.votecobb.org.  The
> Badnarik-Campagna contribution page is
> https://badnarik.org.

Nader's also working on recount efforts:  from
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6469559/

"Ralph Nader got 4,470 votes in New Hampshire.  That and $2 will get him
a gallon of gas if he's lucky.  But that and a check now for $2,000, and
some sort of binding promise to pay additional costs later will get him
a recount in the granite state where incidentally, John Kerry won.  The
Nader campaign confirming this afternoon that the check was being sent
to Concord today.  They've even already picked out the 11 specific wards
they wanted recounted.  Those wards were chosen with the help of a
Michigan computer programmer and self described math geek named, Ida
Riggs (ph), who did a study comparing vote totals from the current
election with results from 2000, largely center in the urban areas, in
the southeast corner of the state.  All those precincts registered a
significant bounce for Mr.  Bush, anywhere from 7 to 12 points.  All of
those precincts using optical scanners made by Diebold or Sequoia Voting
System.  "

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246
>>> "Joan Nelshoppen" <jnelshoppen at insightbb.com> 11/12/04 11:21 PM >>>
I believe he speaks the truth.  Please forward widely.
Joan