[Peace-discuss] Re: [UCprogressives] Re: Pro-choice [wasRe: letter to my former comrades]

Carl Estabrook cge at shout.net
Tue Nov 16 16:39:16 CST 2004

What would we say to the following argument?

"As a American soldier, reading through all of the postings on the peace
list about the ethical/theological/moral/hypothetical implications of the
Iraq war has been very alienating and even insulting at time, especially
as most of the people posting responses are civilians. And this discussion
has turned into members' trying to force their beliefs onto one another.
This is a REAL and tangible issue for almost every US soldier. Please
respect our right to choose and stop trying to force your beliefs onto
others. You are only going to end up alienating people from this list."

--CGE