[Peace-discuss] discuss list woes

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 22:29:57 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Estabrook" <cge at shout.net>
To: <Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 7:02 PM
Subject: [Peace-discuss] discuss list woes

: OK, Randall, new data: I posted my News notes several times from my
: university address <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu>, and they did not show
: up; from this address, no trouble. Do you suppose it's the university that
: quietly censoring political posts, posts of a certain size, or perhaps
: posts to multiple recipients?  I've seen no notification of any new policy
: and have never had such trouble before. But I tried to post the notes from
: my uiuc.edu address to both Peace-discuss and Peace, and it didn't work...

I strongly doubt it's UIUC-specific. My own posts have vanished (sent from
my earthlink account). And I do receive a copy of failed posts of yours that
you carbon to me. I'm rather certain the problem lies on the server that
hosts our mailing list and I'm following up with Zach on that.

Folks, if you send something to either peace or peace-discuss and it fails.
Please try again (and keep trying until it gets through), but make sure to
Cc: me directly on each message. Whenever I get a copy of a failed post
copied directly to me, that helps troubleshooting a lot.

Thanks

:
: --CGE
: