[Peace-discuss] Need an extra witness or two...

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 13:04:05 CST 2004

There is a special UPTV Commission meeting this Friday at noon in the Urbana
City Council Chambers. The idea is that during this meeting, the Commission
would review and formally adopt a variety of policy and procedure changes
that have been hashed out with the City Administration, including the mayor,
over the course of six meetings. A complete overhaul of these regulations
has been undertaken, including key changes that explicitly allow for
broadcasts via satellite like Democracy Now! This meeting may just turn out
to be an inconsequential formality, but I've learned not to make comforting
assumptions when the mayor's involved. I will be at the meeting, but I've
learned that going alone is a mistake. I need witnesses to come along
(doesn't have to be a large phalanx or anything, just a few folks to keep
everyone on their toes and be direct witnesses if anything shady goes down
=8-).

I presume the meeting will last an hour at most, though it could run long.

I have two or three folks already coming along, but I'm hoping for one or
two more.

Again, that's tomorrow, Friday, noon till (probably) 1PM.

I fully expect the mayor to be there, so anything could happen =8-)

Thanks