[Peace-discuss] Hunters and Bush

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 23 13:46:18 CST 2004

A coworker of mine who likes to hunt says that nearly everyone
he knows who likes to hunt voted for Bush because they were
afraid that Kerry and the Democrats would take their guns away
from them. When I objected that Kerry also hunted, he said that
it was generally believed to have been faked for the campaign.

Here's a bunch of single-issue voters that voted on something
other than abortion. It is also a group in which the observed
country/city split makes a lot more sense that it does regarding
abortion.

One more piece of evidence that we need to talk to the other
side before jumping to conclusions regarding what happened. I
still suspect that the core problem is the failure of the media
rather than the "Christian right."

Bob