[Peace-discuss] consider contributing...

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 15 15:08:51 CDT 2004

Hi,

I just want to encourage AWARE folks to consider contributing to WEFT. Like
right now, during the pledge drive =8-)

If you can't call right this minute the pledge drive lasts until 8PM
tomorrow and operators will be "standing by" until then.

The station is not going to make our goal of $40,000 (we're at about $33,000
right now), so we need all the help we can get.

Just call 359-9338 right now this minute and you'll reach someone who will
take your pledge (visa, MasterCard, cash, check, Community Shares payroll
deduction, even installment plans =8-).

Consider the value of the public-affairs programming and ask yourself how
much it's worth to you? Democracy Now!, Free Speech Radio News, IMC Radio
News, FAIR's Counterspin, Carl and Paul's "News from Neptune", Paul's
"Window on the world", Mediageek - these are all vital programs that address
all the issues we care about from the perspective of the *people*, not
corporations or the government or the military or any other center of power.
Even if you don't listen to these shows via WEFT (perhaps you listen to them
over the Internet), consider contributing as an *activist* just to help keep
WEFT and public affairs programming going strong for *everyone else* -
especially folks that might not otherwise ever come across programming like
this and will discover it by accident (that's how it happened for me =8-).

Starting with contributions at $65, you can get one or more pledge premiums.
Some particularly interesting items include:
Bob McChesney's new book "Our Unfree Press"
Howard Zinn's new book "Voices of a People's History of the United States"
(companion to his bestseller)
The "OutFOXed" DVD
Nat Hentoff's book "The War on the Bill of Rights"
Noam Chomsky's new book "Power and Terror"

Check out WEFT's website for all the details at:
http://weft.org/station/fundraising/pledgedrive.html

Thanks