[Peace-discuss] Re: Compromise/EC Rally & Pledge of Action to Stop A Stolen Election

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 11:13:23 CDT 2004

--- jencart <jencart at mycidco.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Altho' I STRONGLY disagree w/ Carl's stand on EC, I
> also STRONGLY support minority rights, in this case,
> his.....  Can those who wish to attend the EC rally
> do so, and instead of saying it's supported by
> AWARE, we could say it's supported by individual
> members of AWARE?

As someone who can't attend the Sunday meetings and
hasn't read all the current discourse about this
endorsement, I don't quite know what intervention I
would make at the meeting.

I was going to merely associate myself with Ricky's
very considered missive, (which I do)  when I saw this
suggestion of a compromise, which actually is
acquiesence .. .

I like very much to refer to bell hooks' very
important quote.
<<If your coalition doesn't to include members that
some are uncomfortable with, it isn't broad enough.>>

A corollary is that  individual members should be able
to continue to work with the group for a broader goal
even if there might be an endorsement they strongly
disagree with. . .

I hope ther's time to discuss groups and individuals
signing the
Pledge of Action to Stop A Stolen Election  as
presented on the www.nov3.us  website

cheers