[Peace-discuss] Fw: Dec. 3-10 Stop the War Week - A Call to Action

jencart at mailstation.com jencart at mailstation.com
Thu Oct 21 13:15:56 CDT 2004

-----Forwarded Message-----
From:
	AntiWar 4 the Million Worker March <antiwar4themillionworkermarch at action-mail.org>
Sent: Oct 21, 2004 10:55 AM
To: jencart at mycidco.com
Cc:
	Antiwar for the Million Worker March <antiwar4themillionworkermarch at organizerweb.com>
Subject: Dec. 3-10 Stop the War Week - A Call to Action

A Call to Action:

The following Call to Action was raised from the stage at
the Million Worker March on Sunday, and supported by a
meeting of the Million Worker March Committee on Monday,
October 18.

We forward this to you in lieu of a full report of this
historic and important event, which has formed a new level
of unity between the antiwar movement and the workers'
struggle.

We encourage activists across the country to begin
discussing December 3-10. Send us your ideas and feedback
as soon as possible.

There has been a suggestion that Friday, December 3 might
be a perfect day for student walkouts--this is something
that student activists will know best.

In the coming days, this web page will report on the
specific proposals for action on the various days, Dec.
3-10, including actions planned by labor activists and
unions, by students and youth, and by community
organizers.

Please contact us to endorse, to offer feedback, and to
share your ideas:
stopthewar at antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org

***ENOUGH!
A Call to Action

Dec 3 - Dec 10

“The War Must Stop Now!” Week

Not one more life - or U.S. bullet or bomb - or new war to
pacify Iraq.

It is with a shared sense of seriousness and urgency that
we appeal to all antiwar forces, including: those of us
who are based in the union/workers movement; organizations
that are fighting for jobs, health care and housing; youth
and student organizations; veterans; military families;
military resisters; solidarity movements; and all the
other progressive movements - to make the week of Friday
Dec. 3 - Friday Dec. 10 (International Human Rights Day) a
time for truly mass action across the country to Stop The
War Now! including job actions, student walkouts,
boycotts, and business closings.

The U.S. has started a new war to conquer Iraq - It Will
Not Work - But it will be deadly - UNLESS we say, “No
More!”

The bombing raids on Falluja and other Iraqi cities have
been intensifying, and after the U.S. presidential
elections, the occupation forces are preparing a
full-scale new war to "pacify" Iraq in preparation for
phony U.S.-controlled elections in January. This assault
will not subdue the Iraqi people; they have made it clear
that they want the U.S., and U.S.-led occupation forces to
leave immediately.

However, this new desperate and deadly plan to conquer a
people who refused to be conquered will cause enromous
death and destruction unless we make it clear that the war
will no longer be tolerated.

The War & Occupation must end now! And the People can end
it!

Our challenge, especially for those of us who have marched
against the war, and those of us who have worked hard to
organize those marches, to remind ourselves that the
election is not going to stop the war, and that waiting
for something beyond our control to stop the war only
weakens our movement. The majority of the people want the
war and occupation to end immediately. It is up to us to
act with a sense of urgency, immediacy, passion, and
determination. It is time to say “No More!”

Jobs - Unions - Healthcare - Education - Housing - Bring
the Troops Home Now!

stopthewar at antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org

Million Workers March Audio and Video by Ryme Katkhouda,
Fred Nguyen and the dc-radio-coop
http://dc.indymedia.org/feature/display/107031/index.php

Read the Washington Post article about the Million Worker
March:
http://www.antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/washingtonpost.htm

http://www.antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org

To Donate:  http://www.peoplesrightsfund.org

Other Upcoming Actions:

Dec. 4 - No Draft, No Way Conference in New York in NYC

Dec. 5 - Indoor Solidarity Rally with Haiti in NYC

Jan. 20 - Counter-Inaugural in Washington, DC

This message was sent to jencart at mycidco.com

Anyone can subscribe.
Send an email request to
AntiWar4theMillionWorkerMarch-subscribe at organizerweb.com