[Peace-discuss] Re:Re: [Prairiegreens] RE: [UCprogressives-discuss] Re:[Pea

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Thu Oct 28 17:48:02 CDT 2004

Great answers, Mort.  And no, they do NOT comprehend.  Jenifer C.

Ken,

You seem to view everything through a rather stiff unyielding lens,  Nader-like. I addressed my comments specifically to the County Board  election, and I believe that has little to do with corporatism, unless  you stretch things beyond recognition. Thus, most of your comments are  irrelevant. We have here a local issue, and I believe it was a good  thing that Democrats gained control for once at the last(?) election.  (I would not say the same for the coming mayoral election of  Satterthwaite.) If the Democrats on the County Board were not very  different on local issues from the Republicans, then I would say the  Greens should indeed run their own candidates.  Similarly, I would hope  that progressive Democrats would support Green candidates if the latter  were more likely to win. That is, in some campaigns they should strive  to join forces, when the good for the community so dictates, however  difficult this is to achieve in our party framework.

I don't understand your comment " Why are you working for 'the man' "?  Don't you comprehend the grave issues at stake on the world and  national level in this election, where the first priority for us is  (and for most of the world would be) to oust the Bush government? Kerry  is, unfortunately, the only viable option, in this particular struggle.
  We will have to deal with him later.

I acknowledge your pity.

Mort

P.S. I don't have your crystal ball as to the next 10, 20 or 30 years;  I fear and am more concerned with what is happening now.