[Peace-discuss] Re:[Peace] P4P Report 9-4-04

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Sep 5 15:28:46 CDT 2004

You guys are GREAT!  Thank you for all you do.

Yes, I think it's a good idea to phone Officer Gallo, not to tattle, but just to clarify that we ARE supposed to call the officer in charge, aren't we?

Jenifer C.
We had a full line of 25 this Saturday, including
three newcomers -- plus one dog  -- despite the heat.
We occupied our old spot in front of Tires Plus at
first, only to discover that the new road expansion
has made it impossible to leaflet there.  The lane
nearest our line is now a turn lane, so the cars never
stop and we cannot reach them.  But we moved to the
other side in front of Red Lobster, where we stretched
out into a formidable line and handed out over 100 of
Paul’s new nuclear policy pamphlet.  For our part, all
went beautifully.

Randall was there taping, as planned, and lent me his
cell phone so I could serve as police contact.  I had
phoned the police at noon, as per our agreement, to
give notice and get the name and badge number of the
police supervisor on duty.

However, although Sgt. Coon (930) was on duty until
3:30, the desk officer claimed to have no knowledge of
who would be in charge after that.  I had previously
believed that however fast and loose the cops might
play with the law, they would at least know who was
coming to work on a particular day, but so much for
that.

I did phone in after 3:30 and learn that Sgt.
Gallagher was on duty, but I suggest we phone Lt.
Gallo on Monday to complain about the lack of
professionalism -- depending on what others think.

###