[Peace-discuss] Can't happen here? Already did.

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 13:25:19 CDT 2004

Here's a story of mass hysteria, fear-mongering, loss
of civil rights, and people executed for their
political beliefs -- just up the road in Chicago --
over a century ago.

Sound familiar?  It's also about how better tuned the
rest of the world can be to American affairs and how
long it can take to finally set the record straight.

A more timely story I can't imagine.
Ricky

P.S. I went looking for this site myself about 4-5
years ago, and I finally found it, but didn't find the
plaque.  I did ask around on that very street corner,
and nobody knew anything.  In fact, when I told them
it was a world-famous incident, they were amazed to
hear of it.  If I had had a video camera I could have
made a great documentary -- or spent 15 years in
prison.

Haymarket memorial to be unveiled at last Sept 14