[Peace-discuss] Another disaster in Haiti: we name the guilty parties

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 16:34:31 CDT 2004

Yes, the US-trained Dominican military and Haitian
paramilitary attacks on Haitian workers continue; and,
yes, the US is still pushing to make the situation
even worse by expanding Clinton's IMF "free trade
zones" to cover the whole country (or by extending
NAFTA to include Haiti, whichever way you want to look
at it): the amazingly named HERO Act.

Now comes a hurricane, right through Gonaives, a
shockingly poor area in a desperately poor country.
And the devastation and misery there are more than
simply natural phenomena, as Charles Arthur points
out...