[Peace-discuss] Nov. 3rd

meghan krausch meghan_krausch at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:35:53 CDT 2004

This is an excellent discussion to start having on this list. I was out of
the country in 2000, but I was sick to realize that the election was
obviously stolen and no one got up and hollered until Inauguration Day,
which was way too late. Friends explained later that no one really felt like
Gore was good enough to get out in the streets for, which may be true, but I
think the point is NOT who is in charge but how. And it doesn't matter what
our feelings are on Kerry before the election, we must ensure that our votes
are counted. We need to go Argentinean if this happens again, and we need to
do it the minute the Supreme Court stops the counting of ballots. So,
what're we going to do to stop the dictatorship from closing in?

Pots and pans out to the Brookens center? Whistles in our neighborhoods?
Pots and pans to Washington? National strike? Local strike? Direct action to
shut down the city?

what do people think? are people up for it?
-meghan