[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Only 2 weeks until the Million Worker March- Help Get th

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Sep 29 12:17:48 CDT 2004

Make SATURDAY OCTOBER 2nd and 3rd
***Million Worker March Awareness Weekend !***

We have just two weekends before the October 17 Million  Worker March - Lets make them count!

This coming weekend, October 2nd & 3rd, is the Million
Worker March Awareness Weekend--we need to get the word  out all over the country, and we need your help to do it.

- On Saturday and Sunday October 2nd & 3rd - organize  activities to get the word out about the Million worker
March.

- What kinds of activities? set-up information tables in
shopping areas; distribute leaflets; hold meetings;
organize a cake sale, a barbecue or fundraising party;
organize an informational car caravan. No event is too
large or too small.

- Let your local media know about your plans, and make  sure that you share your plans with organizers across the  country, so this information can be posted on web sites  and included in press releases.  ***Email us to let us
know what you're doing
(maito:awareness at antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org)

You can download leaflets from
http://antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/pdfdownload.htm.

Momentum is building for the Million Worker March---new  organizing centers are springing up all over the country  (see
http://antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/organizingcenters.htm)  and new endorsers are being added to the list daily
(http://antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/endorsers.htm).

It is more important than ever that we turn out by the
thousands to say "Jobs, Healthcare, and a Living Wage, Not  War!" on October 17.  We need your help in these last two  weeks to make this happen.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

**Get the Word out!
1) download leaflets from
http://antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/pdfdownload.htm  and take them to your school, workplace, house of worship,  union, and community organization.

2) Link to the Anti-war for the Million Worker March
Website :
http://antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/index.htm

3) Forward this email to your email lists

**Organize transportation from your area!
We need hundreds of local organizers.  Contact us about  becoming a local organizer:
http://antiwar4themillionworkermarch.org/signupantiwarorganizer.htm

**Donate!
We need help with the enormous expenses involved with this  massive mobilization of working people.  You can donate  online at: http://www.peoplesrightsfund.org/

_______________________________________________ This message was sent to jencart at mycidco.com