[Peace-discuss] (no subject)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 1 14:21:38 CST 2005

But you don't mean you'd no longer oppose the war if DeLay did.  Buchanan
does oppose the war, and you haven't stopped doing so because of that.
(And to call him a fascist is hyperbole.)

What counts as a "strategic alliance" or "lining up with the likes of
DeLay"? On the Vietnam example, members of Congress and the Nixon
administration were pressured into calling for the removal of troops and
the ending of funding.  During the Reagan wars, Congress-members were
pressured into passing the Boland Amendment.  Was this making a strategic
alliance or lining up with them?  I wouldn't say so, but in any case it's
the sort of thing we need to be doing now to oppose the corporate
militarist authoritarian state.  --CGE