[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [IL4Kucinich] Fwd: Ann, who should we support next?

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 20:55:06 CDT 2005

Ann Breen-Greco <annrun at sbcglobal.net> wrote:To: annrun at sbcglobal.net
From: Ann Breen-Greco <annrun at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:18:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [IL4Kucinich] Fwd: Ann, who should we support next?

Please cast your vote to have the Pac fund Debbie Stabenow.
  Thank you.
  Ann

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:45:44 GMT
From: "Barbara Boxer" <info at pacforachange.com>
To: "Ann Breen-Greco" <annrun at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Ann, who should we support next?

Dear Ann,

Sometimes, with all the important issues that we're fighting for every day, it's easy to lose track of the big picture.  From debating John Bolton's UN nomination to repealing the global gag rule and stopping the EPA's program of testing pesticide on our children, things are coming fast and furious.

But even in the midst of all of this, we've got to step back from time to time to see where we are and plan for where we're going.  In 19 months, we're going to take back the Senate for the American people by winning a Democratic majority -- and we've got to start now, by supporting those Democratic incumbents in tough races.

On May 1st, PAC for a Change will be making a $10,000 contribution to the re-election campaign of one of my Democratic colleagues ($5,000 for the primary election and $5,000 for the general election).  And I want you to tell us where to send it.

Choose the Senator for PAC for a Change's next contribution -- vote today!

15 Democratic Senators are up for re-election in 2006, and some of them will be involved in very competitive campaigns.  We've already contributed $10,000 to Robert Byrd's campaign -- in fact, as soon as I learned that he was running for his record ninth term, we made a contribution to help him fend off what are expected to be vicious attacks from the right-wing.

But we've selected 4 more of those 15 who may well need our help the most:

   Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND), running for re-election in a key battleground state, is a renowned advocate of fiscal discipline and the protection of the Social Security and Medicare trust funds -- and because of that, George Bush is personally recruiting his opponent.

   Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE), running for re-election from the Republican-leaning state of Nebraska, has been a champion of a prescription drug benefit for seniors, as well as improved veterans benefits and a national energy strategy that includes renewable fuels.

   Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL), running for his second Senate term in 2006 from the key state of Florida, serves alongside me on the Foreign Relations Committee -- and recently joined me to force the EPA to stop its immoral program of testing pesticides on kids.

   Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) made history in 2000 when she became the first woman from the State of Michigan elected to the United States Senate, defeating incumbent Spencer Abraham.  Abraham later went on to become George Bush's Energy Secretary, without knowing what the words "energy conservation" mean, and the Republicans are desperate to win back her seat.

Each of these four Senators is a tremendous legislator, good friend, and key Democratic leader.  Over the next 19 months, I know we'll be helping all of them, in one way or another.  But today you can deliver a financial boost to one of their re-election efforts, just as their campaigns are getting underway.

Who should receive PAC for a Change's next 2006 contribution? Vote now!

PAC for a Change is going to be on the frontlines of the effort to take back the Senate in 2006 -- fighting for our issues, reaching out to the voters, and providing financial support to our Democratic candidates and incumbents.

You're a critical part of that -- I can't do it without you.  That's why we're inviting you to participate today, and again as we raise more funds in the coming weeks and months, as we decide where to send our next contribution for the 2006 elections.

Thanks for your help.  Please vote now!

In Friendship,

Barbara Boxer

P.S.  Once you've cast your vote at http://ga4.org/boxer2004/aprilvote, please forward this email to everyone you know and invite them to vote for their favorite candidate as well!

Vote Now! | Contribute Today!

Paid for by PAC for a Change, www.pacforachange.com, Treasurer Sim Farar, FEC#C00342048.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

National Website: http://www.kucinich.us