[Peace-discuss] Politics of Pull-Out

Morton K. Brussel mkb3 at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 21:54:10 CDT 2005

The Politics of a Pull-Out
Operation Withdrawal Scam:

"No matter how many troops it has on the ground in Iraq, the Pentagon
will be set up for a major role there. A recent letter in the New
York Times shed more light on the Bush administration's intentions
than hours of network punditry. "My brother-in-law just returned from
a stint in Iraq with the Minnesota Air National Guard," wrote Ronald
M. Asher II. "Although he couldn't tell me where in Iraq he was
stationed, he did say that the level and type of construction going
on at the air base convinced him that the United States military
planned on being there for a very long time."

This is extracted from an article by Norman Solomon at the
Counterpunch website:

   http://www.counterpunch.org/solomon08012005.html

--mkb