[Peace-discuss] Vigil here Wednesday?

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Mon Aug 15 14:45:01 CDT 2005

Hey dear friends-
Returned to town last week. Family demands have kept involvement low but
looking forward to kicking in again soon. I'm wondering about our
joining in with the national effort around Sheehan on Wed pm, Aug 17. I
checked with the MoveOn site that Paul Patton posted and nothing has
been registered for our area. It probably wouldn't be too hard to hold a
candlelight vigil, at 7:30, where we do the Main Event in Champaign.
Perhaps we could play a recording of the Song for Cindy Sheehan, by
David Rovics, that Carl posted. Hand out copies of her
statement(s).Biggest tasks would be to get the word out to others,
contact media, get the materials to the site. I know you're all already
doing a lot but if anyone wants to talk about organizing this please
call me at 344-6832. Would we need a special permit to gather there at
this time?
Lisa