[Peace-discuss] Proposed flyer for Obama

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 17:59:43 CDT 2005

Hi Carl-

Nice work.  Impressive record for a man with an
"anti-war" image, eh?

Anyway, sorry this is getting to you quite late, but I
do have a couple of suggestions.  The first two are
pretty mundane: contact info for Obama and contact
info for AWARE.

The third is a bit more onerous, but in thinking about
the fact that we missed the opportunity to do
something like this at Tim Johnson's event, it occurs
to me that a brief summary of his infamous record on
the subject might be in order (also with contact info
for him).

I suppose we might do the same for Durbin and have a
complete set, but we might also wait for him to show
his face (in person, that is, irrespective of his
recent appearance on Sesame Street -- which I'm sure
everyone on this list caught, naturally.)

I'm also thinking about Durl's excellent comment at
the meeting that we are not so much targetting Obama
(though his record is certainly worth exposing, as we
can see here) as taking an opportunity to promote our
own anti-war ideas.  Otherwise, I think it's pretty
much what we're after, and I particularly like the
slogans at the start.  Clarifies where we're coming
from right off.

My two cents, maybe worded a bit too fancily-
Thanks again for doing this.
Ricky