[Peace-discuss] Obama and the anti-war movement

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 21 22:44:32 CDT 2005

An important story, Ricky, illustrating how this war is indeed
racist ("civilized" being of course a euphemism). It also
illustrates the shamefulness, perhaps particularly, of Obama's
position (in that he's supposed to be a model for progressive
people of color in government).  And I agree (and said at the
time) that we made a serious mistake in not doing at Johnson's
dog and pony show what we did at Obama's -- and more besides.
Cindy Sheehan would have expected us to do more.  --CGE