[Peace-discuss] Obama and the anti-war movement

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:12:18 CDT 2005

I have attached our 2003 pamphlet on the connections between war and
racism.  I will work on updating it.  This is the kind of pamphlet that
would have worked well at the Obama event.  We also have a section on
racism in our latest US foreign policy pamphlet, but I can't find it on
the web.  I am pretty sure I have it on my computer at home.

I am impressed with the work some folks did in taking with Obama's
staff.  In my opinion, we need to engage with Obama to try to get him
to see his own self-interest in changing his position.  I think that
will become easier and easier as time goes on and more people die and
are injured.  We might even think about sending an AWARE delegation to
his office.