[Peace-discuss] Re: Obama and the anti-war movement (C. G. Estabrook)

Tom Mackaman tmackaman at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 15:49:45 CDT 2005

The AWARE group should be aware of Obama's own racist and warhawk position on Iran and the Muslim world, which he elaborated to the Chicago Tribune during his campaign against Keyes.  I ask immodestly that you read an article I wrote about this Tribune editorial for the WSWS. "Democratic keynote speaker Barack Obama calls for missile strikes on Iran"  http://www.wsws.org/articles/testdir/oct2004/obam-o01.shtml.

The peace movement should protest against pro-war Democratic politicians of Obama's ilk, but with absolutely no illusions in their convertability.  It is not possible any longer-- if ever it was-- to separate the question of domestic policy from war policy, as some would have it.  One cannot be pro-continuation in Iraq and pro social programs in the US.  The former bankrupts the latter.  Posturing aside, Obama is no friend of the African American working people who are fighting and being killed disproportionately in this war.  All the more reason he must be exposed!

Best regards,
Tom