[Peace-discuss] another regular anti-war demo in town

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 13:58:40 CST 2005

Hey folks-

Everybody but me may already know this, but every Wed
around lunchtime members of the UCC on campus ares
tanding out on their sidewalk giving out anti-war
"food for thought": little bags of granola with
messages stuck on them.  I noticed someone there this
week with a sign that said "Pray for Abu Ghraib [and a
couple of other names]".  My "food for thought" says:
"There is hard evidence that white phosphorous was
deployed as a weapon against comabatants in Falluja.
US infantry officers confessed that they had used it
flush out insurgents.  On Tuesday afternoon, a
Pentagon spokesman admitted to the BBC that white
phosporous "was used as an incendiary weapon against
enemy combatants."  According to the Chemical Weapons
Convention, however, the use of the toxic properties
of a chemical as a weapon is illegal, whoever the
target is.  We are the ones using the weapons of mass
destruction!  End the occupation now!"

I got a contact number: Pastor Mike Mulberry 344-5091.

It made my whole day.
Ricky