[Peace-discuss] Letter to N-G

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 9 11:31:44 CST 2005

It seemed to me that the killing of the guy in Miami is emblematic of
so many things, that I was driven to write this expression of outrage.

The war of terror strikes again! It is embodied with the death of
another innocent, Rigoberto Alcazar, gunned down by air marshals in
Miami as he was fleeing them. Like the unfortunate man similarly
gunned down in the London subway. Shoot to kill first, give what
likely is a false exonerating story afterwards. They said he said he
was carrying a bomb. Who can believe or trust that? Lies have become
so much the currency of official sources here and abroad, for so long
a time now that no intelligent person can or should believe anything
that emerges from them. Deceit and obfuscation have become the order
of the day, as Harold Pinter has recently elaborated on in his Nobel
(prize for literature) speech. Lies and deceptions reinforced and
trumpeted without comment, skepticism, curiosity or with any true
intent to inform by a blanketing corporate public media. Skepticism
in fact ought to be everyone’s first thought at any explanation from
government sources, be it from the phony “war on terrorism”, the
occupation and war on Iraq, excuses for the Katrina disaster, the
propaganda about social security, the results of elections, or, now,
the killing of another innocent man. It is sickening, an apt signal
of the moral depths to which our country has moved.

The lesson of all this, and this sordid incident in Miami, is that we
have to remove the utter moral and political corruption that pervades
the public sphere in the nation, and that the buck stops with Bush.

mkb