[Peace-discuss] Fw: [Aware] from Illinois Peace Action - inquiry

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 27 15:33:56 CST 2005

[Just received this at our aware at anti-war.net e-mail address. It's a
formal inquiry to AWARE from an organization called Illinois Peace Action
based in Chicago that is "concerned with disarmament and weapons
proliferation issues affecting United States security and world peace"
and that "works to educate all interested parties on disarmament issues
and to advocate policies rooted in justice and human rights" ( quotes are
from their website at http://www.webcom.com/ipa/ ). It seems to me a good
idea to respond and establish contact. I suggest we put it on the agenda
for the Jan. 1st meeting. Is there anyone who would like to take the lead
on this even before then, perhaps responding to the e-mail below? (I'd
suggest posting to peace-discuss if you do.) It's too bad Paul Patton has
moved to Ohio. He would have been perfect as our contact for this forming
"Illinois Coalition for Nuclear Weapons Control".

I'm carboning Charlotte Green, who may know of other Illinois nuclear
activists that would be interested in this development.

IPA encourages forwarding this invitation around, so if anyone knows of
nuclear disarmament organizations or individual activists that might be
interested, by all means send this onward. - Randall]