[Peace-discuss] New Year's agenda

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 28 12:40:32 CST 2005

>  Wall Street Journal - December 28, 2005
>  THE FIGHT FOR IRAQ

> Ms. Morgan says that, during her time in Iraq, she rode up
> and down the so-called highway of death leading from
> Baghdad's airport seven times to prove to her listeners
> that it wasn't as dangerous as media reports suggested.

Maybe she couldn't find enough "positive" troops to
interview, so she had to spend her time in Iraq doing
something (I'm teasing). She actually drove back and forth
between the airport and some other un-named un-measured-
distance point?  I would not have done this, but it does
sound like she really believes in her position.

You are right, Carl. This is what we are up against: people
who believe strongly in their position. Remind me that I
don't want to be as blind or foolish in my beliefs or
position.

> www.moveamericaforward.org [...] referring to "Howard Dean
> types who only see a future of failure for this country."

Trying to accomplish selfish goals through military force
does spell failure. So I guess they have a point.

>based on documents given to her in Iraq by an Iraqi general
>she identified as Abdul Qader Jassim, and on information
>from U.S. officials involved in the hunt for weapons there.
[...]
>She believes Mr. Hussein possessed WMDs, and that those
>weapons remain in Iraq today. It couldn't be ascertained
>that Mr. Jassim is a general and he couldn't be reached for
>comment.

And so the weapons are where?

-karen medina