[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Message From Senator Durbin

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 25 17:22:44 CST 2005

The characterization of Colin Powell as "a voice of moderation" is
fantasy, however.  Powell's go-along-to-get-along career tied him up in
lies, from the My Lai cover-up, through his tergiversation on whether
Saddam Hussein was dangerous, to his massive prevarication before the UN
-- without which the war might not have been possible.  His was a
mendacity of a sort that may be even more dangerous than the Neocons'
belligerence: they at least often say honestly what they think, however
horrible it is -- and they couldn't get along without "good Germans" like
Powell.  --CGE