[Peace-discuss] War

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 7 14:04:35 CST 2005

Let me describe how war is created:

1) Divide people into two groups, yours and theirs.
2) Note that their group has something that your group
    would like to have.
3) Justify taking it by labeling them as inferior or
    immoral or both.
4) Treat them like the enemy, which will make them into
    the enemy.
5) Try to get out of this one!

Now let me describe how racism is created. See the above.

Since the election, we have fallen into argument about what
AWARE should be. We have been informed that P4P must be
discontinued and serious civil disobedience started, that we
do nothing about racism while racism is the core problem,
that we are being sidetracked by racism while war is the
core problem, and so on. But AWARE is an umbrella group
of people of many opinions. We are not a single corporate
entity that can be led around by the nose. Thank God.

I look forward to seeing you of all progressive persuasions
and causes at P4P tomorrow.

Bob