[Peace-discuss] Bevel

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:32:09 CST 2005

If Bevel is a neo-fascist, as several of you have argued,
I agree with Carl that AWARE should not give any money to
Forgiveness Weekend. This would be unfortunate, since it
is otherwise a good cause, but I also see no way to keep
money from going indirectly to Bevel.

Let's hope that by next Sunday we have enough evidence one
way or the other to be the basis for comfortable consensus.

I should mention that a progressive will often find areas
of agreement with a fascist on societal aims. It is in
the areas of means that the two sides are the opposite.
Fascists reject liberal democracy, considering it the source
of most of the world's problems, and fear it.

Bob