[Peace-discuss] tactical alliances

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 10 18:39:58 CST 2005

A quote from article cited by Carl
[http://www.publiceye.org/rightwoo/rwooz9-22.html] to answer your
question. Note, "tactical" refers to his Moonie associations:

At the same time,  Bevel was working with Moon's front group CAUSA. In
an interview with  Bevel at an Illinois CAUSA meeting, I asked him why
he would ally himself  with a religious/political movement such as that
run by Rev. Moon. Bevel  replied that it was a tactical coalition based
on agreement that the  main danger in the world was communism. Bevel
argued that communism was  a godless philosophy, and that as a
Christian, it was his obligation  to fight godlessness.

As a non-Christian, and an atheist moreover, this is more than
bothersome.

Another notation, at
http://www.gorenfeld.net/blog/2004/04/martin-luther-kings-advisor-is-
now.html

Members of the American Freedom Coalition like civil-rights veterans
Ralph Abernathy and James Bevel have become champions for Moon and his
followers. Abernathy, for instance, has compared criticisms of Moon to
injustices suffered by blacks in the United States. Bevel has handed
out flyers asking "Are the Moonies our new n****s?"

  [...]Bevel was invited to the University of New Mexico by the local
[Moon college group]."We'll get communism and humanism out of the
schools," Bevel told the group at the university,"and the n*****s and
crackers that don't like it can go to Cuba or somewhere." The AFC had
sponsored Bevel for a talk the previous evening.

Maybe I'm a humanist as well.

mkb