[Peace-discuss] That Speech

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Wed Jan 26 14:44:46 CST 2005

The emperor of vulgarity:
By Mike Carlton

George Bush's second inaugural extravaganza was every bit as repugnant
as I had expected, a vulgar orgy of triumphalism probably unmatched
since Napoleon crowned himself emperor of the French in Notre Dame in
1804.
http://207.44.245.159/article7788.htm

Paul Craig Roberts: A Party Without Virtue:

After listening to his inaugural speech, anyone who thinks President
Bush and his handlers are sane needs to visit a psychiatrist. The
hubris-filled megalomaniac in the Oval Office has promised the world war
without end.
http://207.44.245.159/article7824.htm

History Untold!: The American Indian And The "Great Emancipator" :

The false sainthood and adulation afforded Lincoln has its basis in the
incorrect assumption he fought the war to free an enslaved people. To
believe this propaganda one must ignore most everything Lincoln said
about the Black race and his continued efforts at colonization.
Lincoln's treatment of the American Indian has been very much ignored,
though not exactly misrepresented.
http://www.unitednativeamerica.com/issues/lincoln.html

The Greatest Presidential Reflection Since Lincoln? :

The neocons have spun into fits of Lincolnite hysteria over President
Bush's inaugural speech, in which he promised to rid the planet of
tyranny. William Kristol informed a Fox News Channel audience that it
was the best presidential speech "since Lincoln freed the slaves."
http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo89.html

The Hidden Passages in Bush's Inaugural Address:

Bush's Inaugural Address contained many explicit references to God, but
there were even more hidden allusions to the Bible that may have been
lost to many in his audience, as they were to me, before I did some
research.
http://www.progressive.org/webex05/wx012105.html

Zbigniew Brzezinski: Bush Inauguration Speech: A "Vacuous Sermon," A
"Global Crusade" Against "Defenseless States"

Jazz Funeral for Democracy - New Orleans, January 20, 2004 :

As George Bush placed his left hand on a bible to purger himself on the
steps of our nation's capital, fifteen hundred mourners took to the
streets of New Orleans in upbeat defiance in the Jazz Funeral for
Democracy: "A Wake for Peace".
http://www.traprockpeace.org/jazz_funeral_20jan05/

Freedom's Jihad:

So it's clear from the speech: The next four years will be four more
years of Christian jihad.
http://www.tompaine.com/print/freedoms_jihad.php