[Peace-discuss] Durbin on withdrawal from Iraq

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 5 21:00:47 CDT 2005

In a reply to a letter I sent regarding withdrawal of U.S. troops
from Iraq , Durbifirst rants against the inadequacies and deceptions
of the administration, so establishing his liberal credentials, then
comes to this startling and novel conclusion:

     "America has invested too much and lost too many soldiers to
turn its back
on the people of Iraq.  We cannot cut and run and leave chaos in our
wake,
but we cannot achieve our goal of a safe and stable Iraq until the
President puts forward a comprehensive plan for success and a clear
strategy for how we will achieve it.  That is the President's
responsibility to every American soldier. And it is Congress'
responsibility to insist that he do so."

Pretty disgusting , cowardly, and ingenuous. We have to let him know
we are not simply disappointed, but angry at this backing of
duplicitous administration arguments. An active Durbin watch has to
be assembled.

--mkb