[Peace-discuss] NPR and WILL

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 18 14:46:06 CDT 2005

I think Al's point is well-taken. Perhaps we should begin by
writing to WILL in AWARE's name and pointing out how
obsequious NPR has been. We could suggest that -- just in the
interest of "balancing" the propaganda and the business shows
-- WILL should carry Democracy Now! at least.  They could also
easily (and cheaply) do more locally-produced news and public
affairs, as well as debate and discussion programs. Why, for
example, was the ACLU presentation at the Urbana library not
broadcast on WILL?  We could propose a regular AWARE forum on
the air... --CGE