[Peace-discuss] RE: Taste problems

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 15:43:29 CDT 2005

I haven't read all the responses yet, but this is my
take.  First, my understanding from posts on the WEFTa
list is that WEFT is not at the Taste because they
have limited radio station participation to four
stations since there was apparently trouble last year
(not with WEFT).  This seems odd, but who's to say.
Second, I know I mailed the application and check, but
I don't know for sure that it didn't get lost.  I
didn't mail it certified or hand deliver it.  I asked
yesterday when I talked to two people overseeing the
Taste event if we could still participate if I gave
them a new check/application it was an emphatic no
that would be against the rules.

I don't personally feel like fighting this one partly
because it is a cheesy event and I don't have proof
that we are being discriminated.  I would however be
the first to hand deliver a check and application with
witnesses next year and if we are denied space then
create a huge stink.  I just don't see what it buys us
this time.

Linda

<6.1.1.1.2.20050621102015.01f750d8 at express.cites.uiuc.edu>