[Peace-discuss] Durbin's cowardice

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 23 14:22:56 CDT 2005

It seems to me that this message frames the issue in the wrong way.
Durbin has been the most out in front on this of all the Democrats in
the Senate.  Perhaps this is a new role for him.  He seems to have been
naive about what the response would be.  He was hit on the head and he
hurts. Instead of rebuking him for his apology, we ought to be
encouraging him to keep speaking up.  If the anti-war movement dosen't
do that, he is sure to remain silent.