[Peace-discuss] Durbin's courage

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Thu Jun 23 14:22:38 CDT 2005

I agree w/ you Al.  Durbin is standing 'way too alone on 'way too many issues, and we should support it when he has the courage to speak up.  The apology started out well enuff -- Sorry IF I OFFENDED..... It was NOT MY INTENTION..... Yes, I wish he hadn't said it was a poor choice of words, but instead, had reiterated that he was quoting the fibbies, AI, In'l Red Cross, etc.  It's just like AWOL Bush shooting down 60 minutes.  They don't spend million$ on PR for nothing.....

And isn't it so frustrating that the Bushies can lie and lie and lie, and that's what sticks, rather than luke warm apologies or excuses that nobody pays attention to.  And the Sect'y of Educat'n can call NEA members -- i e  most public school teachers -- "Terrorists" -- and nobody makes a stink over that????

We should back Durbin so strongly that other Dems join him.

Jenifer C.