[Peace-discuss] Obama wrongly listed?

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 7 22:05:15 CST 2005

The following appears in an article by Ari Berman in the current Nation
magazine :

  Obama's reply to the Commentator (which asked him about his appearance
on a May, 2003 DLC membership list) is interesting. Were we wrong?
Obama replied to the Commentator:

… "Neither my staff nor I have had any direct contact with anybody at
the DLC since I began this campaign a year ago," Obama wrote. "I don't
know who nominated me for the DLC list of 100 rising stars, nor did I
expend any effort to be included on the list.... I certainly did not
view such inclusion as an endorsement on my part of the DLC platform."
After realizing that his name appeared in the DLC's database, Obama
asked to have it removed. …

But I don't know what  is Obama's current affiliation relative to the
DLC.  --mkb