[Peace-discuss] A response to my Public I article

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 10:48:47 CST 2005

My article "The Holocaust Industry Comes to the
University of Illinois" is going to be in the upcoming
Public I. Here's a response from local liberal Dave
Gehrig to my posting of the same article on the UCIMC
website:

Re: The Holocaust Industry Comes to the University of
Illinois
by gehrig
(No verified email address)  Current rating: 0
"...a charge that he repeated during his visit to the
University of Illinois in September 2004. Bartov’s
tantrum betrays not ... "

Sorry, but I lost it laughing when _you_ accused
_Bartov_ of a "tantrum," given the fact that your
flailing attempt to shout Bartov down in one of your
characteristicly scattershot jeremiads last September
was so awful in its pure out-of-control rudeness that
both the moderator and a member of the audience felt
the need to apologize on your behalf.

Funny how you left that part out.

And your condescending parody of Bartov's film
lecture, and the audience reaction to it, is so wildly
off the mark that it's hard to beleive we saw the same
one. I'm sorry to hear that you had such trouble
following the lecture; the rest of the audience
apparently didn't, judging from the Q&A session.
However, the smug hatred of the CU Jewish community
which informs your description of it -- "a numbed,
mystified audience consisting mostly of elderly Jews,
the more fortunate among them being hard of hearing"
-- tells much more about you than it does about the
actual event.

Have you ever wondered whether the almost universal
dislike with which you are held by the CU Jewish
community may not be because you're a dashingly
prophetic anti-Zionist martyr, but simply because
you're a tonedeaf asshole, one who can't see how you
drive others in the Jewish community away with the
unrestrained slash-and-burn shrillness of your
screeds?