[Peace-discuss] the spider hole was a stage set!

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Sat Mar 12 14:55:50 CST 2005

 <http://www.wpherald.com/> www.wpherald.com

  _____

 <http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?storyid=20050309-044527-4590r>
Public version of Saddam capture fiction

By UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL

Published March 9, 2005

  _____

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi
President Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was
fabricated.

    Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the
Saudi daily al-Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured
Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S.
Army.

    "I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who
searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and
we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as
announced," Abou Rabeh said.

    "We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of
Sudanese origin was killed," he said.

    He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a
room on the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have
to surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

    "Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of
Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou
Rabeh said.

    Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

Copyright C 2005 News World Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.

  _____

 <http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20050309-044527-4590r>
Return to the article