[Peace-discuss] March 21 internet conference, on Exit from Iraq

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Sat Mar 19 06:35:55 CST 2005

this sounds interesting

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert McKim [mailto:rmckim at uiuc.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 10:59 PM
To: rmckim at uiuc.edu
Subject: March 21 internet conference, on Exit from Iraq

Fyi.  This is from Matt Rosenstein, Assoc Dir of ACDIS at the U of I.

Best regards, Robert

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to call your attention to the conference described below:

***

March 21, 2005: "The Ethics of Exit: The Morality of Withdrawal from
Iraq"

Scholars and Iraq experts will explore the moral implications of
withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq -- and of American policy thereafter
-- at a day-long (9:00 AM - 4:15 PM, note: I believe that is Eastern
time!), public conference hosted by Fordham University.

Background information and agenda:
http://www.nd.edu/~krocinst/events/ethicsexit.html

The event is sponsored by the Fordham University Center on Religion and
Culture in conjunction with the Joan B. Kroc Institute for International
Peace Studies at Notre Dame University and the Fourth Freedom Forum.

***

I have contacted the Kroc Institute and they are planning to webcast the
event live on the internet. The live feed is available from
http://mediaserver.ind.net/live, and from what I understand Windows
Media Player is required. It's presumably not recommended that you try
to view the webcast if you only have a phone modem connection.

ACDIS will be attempting to access the live feed and project it in our
conference room, 356 Armory Building. People are welcome to join us at
ACDIS to view it (with the warning that, given the short time-frame we
have to prepare, I can't guarantee with full confidence that we'll be
successful in getting a working, effective live feed). You are welcome
to call us at 333-7086 at any point during the day on Monday, after the
conference has started, to verify whether we have successfully accessed
the broadcast.

Best wishes,

Matt Rosenstein

--