[Peace-discuss] Hezbollah

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 20:55:48 CST 2005

Carl referred to my comments on Hezbollah during the
News Notes this evening. I was actually quoting Steven
Zunes, from the antiwar.com article linked below:

Much has been made of Syrian support for the radical
Lebanese Shi'ite group Hezbollah. However, not only
has Syrian support for the group been quite minimal in
recent years, the group is now a legally recognized
Lebanese political party and serves in the Lebanese
parliament. During the past decade, its militia have
largely restricted their use of violence to Israeli
occupation forces in southern Lebanon and in disputed
border regions of Israeli-occupied Syria, not against
civilians, thereby raising serious questions as to
whether it can actually still be legally considered a
terrorist group.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/zunes.php?articleid=5017