[Peace-discuss] Why wasn't the News Gazette covering our protest on March 19th?

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 08:26:26 CST 2005

Interesting interchange between Mike Lehman of the IMC and Paul Wood of the News Gazette about the lack of News Gazette coverage can be found on the IMC website:

http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/28750/index.php

There's also comment by Danny Schecter that, I think, adds important critique of our discussion about the rally on Saturday.  Here's an excerpt:

There were more Antiwar actions in more cities than ever but that proliferation of protest or the presence of military families seemed to not too newsworthy. A media that routinely plays down the size of all protests in this case seemed to be obsessed with nothing more than their size, as in the protests were "smaller than ever." What were they saying?

http://mail.yahoo.com