[Peace-discuss] Liberals and Schiavo

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 30 22:27:50 CST 2005

Your animus practically confirms my suspicion, Mort, that many are willing
to kill this woman for fear of doing anything that seems to favor the
"pro-life crowd." (And how in fact does it do that?) You're willing to
hand over the decision to end the life of a woman who isn't dying to her
husband?

Hentoff is a principled, consistent defender of rights and has been for
years (even if I don't always agree with him).  Jackson is hardly
"grandstanding" when the polls how that he's taking the unpopular position
(which of course he's done before).  I'll forward Ralph's statement.

These three and many who agree with them are not part of the
"fundamentalist right," however much some people seem obsessed by that.
But that's not a reason to end a life. --CGE