[Peace-discuss] Liberals and Schiavo

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 19:32:14 CST 2005

You twist, you twist, and you twist.

But let me ask you this: If you were found in a condition where there was no doubt that you had a flat EEG and a skull half full of water, and had never expressed any opinion on your preference in such a situation, what would you wish your loved ones to do? Assume for the sake of the question that condition began six weeks ago.

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> wrote:Come on, Chuck -- it was the government, the state, in the person of the
court, that ordered she not be fed and hydrated, that a guard be placed to
prevent anyone's bringing her food and water. The government ended her
life: the husband didn't shoot her.

If I were Dr. Maturin, I would challenge you to a duel for that "lie."
There was in fact no agreement over the "flat EEG and the skull half full
of water." The court *prevented* the MRI and the PET scan that would have
determined whether that was true. Why is it so important for you to
believe it? --CGE

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Chuck Minne wrote:

> "C. G. Estabrook" wrote:
>
> I think that you're right about this, in a sort of reversed fashion:
> those who insisted that the government must end the life of Terri
> Schiavo, who wasn't dying, did so because they feared that, unless
> they did, they'd have to admit that they couldn't end other human
> lives with impunity.
>
> Jesus H. Christ! “The GOVERNMENT must end the life of Terri Schiavo.”
> Gimme a break. The courts say that her husband is the one to decide,
> and the government must keep out. Not that the GOVERNMENT MUST END HER
> LIFE. HOW YOU TWIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> And how you can ignore this: “There is no doubt about a flat EEG and a
> skull half full of water. To seriously pretend that there is, is to
> lie.”

"[D]uring the Civil War . . . those daring to criticize Lincoln's policies would be put in jail without trial – perhaps thirty thousand political prisoners." A People’s History of the United States..
....... .......................... My Web Site  Click Me Too

http://mail.yahoo.com