[Peace-discuss] DARPA research

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon May 9 15:08:24 CDT 2005

I have trouble seeing anything wrong with DARPA funding of
lateral line research provided the results are published. If
the results were secret, on the other hand, I'd have big
reservations not because it was DARPA money but because
secret science seems contrary to the spirit of science.

We are currently communicating on what was called ARPA-Net
when I first used it about 30 years ago. But I hear no calls
for an Internet boycott by peace groups on account of this
funding source.

Bob