[Peace-discuss] Condolences to Mohammad

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 14:52:22 CDT 2005

Folks,

We spoke at the AWARE meeting about the recent death of Mohammad al-Heeti's mother.  I did speak with him today, and he would appreciate a donation rather than flowers in her memory.  He had no particular organization in mind.  I wonder if we could agree on something and get a check in the mail.  I'll send Mohammad a note expressing our condolences as soon as we agree on something.

One idea I had was to donate to the American Friends Service Committees programs in Iraq.  They are working with three Iraqi organizations that serve women and those with disabilities, as well as organizing projects to make several primary health care facilities and a hospital functional.  Here's the website.

http://www.afsc.org/iraq/relief_updates/iraq-relief-flyer.pdf

Any other ideas?  We working talking about $30 - $50, and of course, if anyone wants to add to that, that'd be great...

cpi

http://mail.yahoo.com