[Peace-discuss] Al-Heeti Memorial Donation for CIMIC

jandurl jandurl at insightbb.com
Tue Nov 8 23:32:21 CST 2005

Friends of the Al-Heeti Family:
Thank you to the community members who have already donated to this fund.  Incase you have not done so, but would like to donate we are still collecting funds on behalf of the Al-Heeti family.  If you donate with a check please make it out to AWARE and we will make sure it gets to the Al-Heeti family for the memorial mentioned below.

In light of the recent tragedy concerning the Al-Heeti family and the murder of Mohammad's brother, community members are requesting a memorial donations be made to the Mosque and Islamic center in memory of Mohammad's brother.

We are purposing that this donation be presented at the event to be held at the Urbana Free Library: Stories from Iraq on November 16 at 7:00 PM. Bushra and Mohammad were scheduled to speak, but due to this tragic loss will not participate. AWARE Presents plans to continue to hold the event, with a slightly different focus. Other scheduled speakers will still participate. The money collected will be presented as a gift to be used as needed toward the construction and expansion of the CIMIC. The donation will be to the Al-Heeti family in memory of the life of a beloved brother. The donation will be from AWARE as well as other friends of the Al-Heeti Family in the C-U community. Durl & Jan Kruse (on behalf of the AWARE Presents Working Group) will collect the donations to be presented on November 16 at the Urbana Library event. Please call 328-2789 with questions or if you want to donate with the group presenting a memorial on 11/16 send donations to:

Al-Heeti Family

c/o Durl & Jan Kruse

2007 S. George Huff Drive

Urbana, Illinois 61801

A special collection for this memorial will be made at the  AWARE meeting ( 11/13) ahead of the 11/16 AWARE Presents at the Urbana Public Library.  Thank you for your consideration for this Community Memorial Donation!